Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Upon Arrival


On Wednesday 8:30pm I landed at TPE airport in Taipei. Nearly 4 hours later, I have experienced a great deal of Taiwan.

I hailed a bus and tried to board without a ticket (with no avail). Checked in to my hostel in Taipei. Walked the streets near my hostel, dodging hundreds of scooter bikers in the process.

My hostel is on a side street, off one of the bigger roads, Song Jiang, which made finding it harder than expected. It is a small place, about 9 or so rooms. As I write this post, I am sitting around many from the USA and elsewhere. Right now, one of the guys is carrying on about martial arts - it's been going on for 30 minutes or so now...

I have been up for at least 24 hours, and am exhausted. Even still, I am excited for tomorrow's travels and a little sleepless. There are some true characters here at this hostel, it definitely gives this place an interesting personality. Unfortunately, it is not allowing me to post another picture.

Now I am going to take a shower and dry off with my Shamwow...

- Ryan

2 comments: