Monday, June 22, 2009

Pre-departure

My trip begins in Washington State where I begin packing and saying my goodbyes to family and friends.

So far, I am doing my best to pack light. Bringing three pairs of underwear (exofficio, worth buying for travel), three pairs of socks, nine shirts, two jackets, sandals... I could go on with my suitcase belongings, but who cares?

Really, my mind focuses on what changes and endeavors I will encounter while abroad. What will be my initial impression? Who will I meet while there?... So many questions.

Something that dawned on my conscious this past day was something a close friend/family said to me. "you'll learn the world there."

I think about this simple statement, and my response - "I hope I will find the answers."

I am not sure what answers I truly seek, and part of this blog is for self-discovery, comprehension, a journal entry of sorts.

For now, this blog is a seedling of what will soon blossom to be an exciting adventure, full of more questions and new experiences.

Feel free to send your questions or comments my way. I will do my best to find an answer or to at least weigh in my thoughts.

-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment